Composition in Two Genres

For my two genres, I have picked to do a speech and a meme. These two different types of genreswill help make my point and reach across different audiences. When constructingmy speech, I based of my speech on this articleI saw on the internet.The author of that article strategicallyordered his claims in a way where it makes sense and convincedthe reader to whateverhe was saying. The article went on like a rant and this was something I wanted to copy into my speech. My speech is more like a rant on autonomous vehicles and itshistory. I want to change the opinion of the audience of my speech and convince my audienceto supporting AVs. In the beginning of my speech, I started off saying how manypeoplethink AVs are dangerous and that AVs aren’t perfect just yet. Then I went on to saying the struggles AVs went through in its infant stagetrying to make the audience feel bad for how AVsare treated. Later, I pointed out that we all have been on an AV in our lifeto show that we can trust the technology with our lives. After this claim, I stated out the points why AVs are not successful andended it of with a hopeful ending for the advancement of AVs.This speech doesn’t have a specific audience it is targeted to. The audience can be anyone around who hears the speech. This speech can be for all ages around the world.

The second genre I usedwas a meme. This meme I have created is supposed totarget the newer generationinstead of the older generation. In this day and age, most news isseen by social media posts. The younger generation only pays attention to the news if its in a meme. Therefore, I decided to create a meme, to captivate the attention of the younger generation since a meme would be much more effective than an article or speech.The purpose of the meme depends on the audience. Different people may have a different opinion on the meaning of the meme when compared to others. My purpose for this meme is to show my audience what the traditional motor industry thought about AVs. Back in the infant stages of AVs, the motor industry thought it was a joke and thought it wouldn’t succeed. Later, when the AVs advanced, the motor industry backed by the government tried to suppress AVs from succeeding. Now in the present time, we see AVs as the next big thing for us and something that will soon take over the motor industry like what Tesla did with their affordable autonomous vehicles.

Speech

Autonomous vehicles some may say are a very dangerous technology that can do more harm than good, but I say it’s the complete opposite. Yes, there are some potential flaws in the technology that can be breached and cause catastrophic outcomes, but this is all being handle at the moment. For now, AVs are not ready to be put out onto the road and being distributed worldwide. The technology first must advance and overcome its many flaws for it to become what most people think AVs are. AVs are the future for our daily lives and it’s going to revolutionize the way we transport around the world.At first, when the technology was first introduced, many critics jumped on the hate train, especially the fossil fuel industry. The fossil fuel industry benefited from people buying normal combustion engine vehicles and when they heard about the autonomous vehicles, they felt threaten and decided to hinder the advancement of autonomous vehicles. This however, did not stop the technology from advancing. Throughout the years, the technology has been advancing and improving itself despite the hate received. Many people don’t realize this but, we have been in an autonomous vehicle once in our lifetime. If you have ever traveled on an airplane, you have been on an autonomous vehicle. The autopilot system in an aircraft uses the same technology in an autonomous vehicle. The system has kept on improving and bettering itself as the years go by.Coming back to the present, the AV technology is almost complete and almost ready to be distributed worldwide. The only obstacle preventing it from flourishing is the public’s opinion and the government. When AVs were first introduced, its competitors kept on bad mouthing the new technology. As this kept on going throughout the years, the public’s opinion on AVs hasn’t been that great. Many of the opponents of AVs, like the fossil fuel industry,have manipulated the public in thinking AVs are worse than combustion engine vehicles. However, just recently, this opinion on AVs is starting to shift. For some reason around the 2000s, the AV industry has started to grow rapidly. Many companies that are known for their combustion engine vehicles, started to invest in the AV technology and plan to sell their own AVs in the distant future. AVs are starting to change the public opinions with its advance technology and its benefits that can provide for the driver and the environment. The government in the other hand, is the last factor that prevents AVs from being popularize. Many governments around the world don’t allow AVs on the road, AVs are illegal in some countries.The reason for this may vary, some reasons are for security reasons. Governments don’t like the idea of a computer operated vehicle being left to roam around the cities unsupervised. Other governments don’t want AVs because some governments profit from the fossil fuel industry. All these reasons can be fixed, only if the public shows they have a real interest in AVs so they can further improve the technology and be seen as acceptable by their governments.No matter what happens, AVs are sure to take over the world. Sooner or later, cities will be covered by these computer-controlled vehicles that we would all share. It only seems right to have AVs as the future of transportation since it is much more efficient and safer than human drivers.

Meme